Terms & Conditions
- This competition is organised by Strand Palace Agencies Limited hereunder referred to as ‘SPAL’
- To enter the competition and be eligible to win the prize, participant must be 18 years of age or older.
- The competition is not open to SPAL’S employees or members of their immediate family.
- The competition will take place between the 1st of January 2017 and the 30th June 2017 and draws shall take place every last Friday of the month of January, February, March, April, May and June at noon at Calleja Building Carob Street, St. Venera. Provided that if the last Friday of any month falls on a public holiday, the draw shall take place on the last Thursday of that particular month Draws will be done manually in the presence of a Notary Public.
- Prizes to be awarded on each monthly draw shall be as follows:
- First Prize: Scooter
- Second Prize: Mountain Bike
- Third Prize: 2 Virtu Ferries Tickets
- Fourth Prize: 1 Tablet
- Fifth Prize: Dinner for two including transport
- Sixth Prize: Dinner for two including transport
- Seventh, Eight, Ninth and Tenth Prizes: Hamper
- To participate one must send via mail an envelope containing 5 wrappers of any of the following brands: Twistees – Grace Foods – Galbani – Saka Water – Go Ahead! – Ulker – Alpella – Rovagnati – Skips – Holland’s – Topsy – McVities,as well as a note with the particpant’s details , these being name, surname, ID card number and mobile/landline number on which the particapant may be contacted in the event his/her envelope is drawn, to COMPETITION AT STRAND PALACE AGENCIES LIMITED, CALLEJA BUILDINGS CAROB STREET, ST.VENERA SVR 1705
Said envelope may also be be deposited in desiganted boxes at shops listed on the Strand Palace website strand.com.mt
The said envelope is to be sealed and is to reach SPAL but not later than the day before the draw.
On receipt of the sealed envelope, SPAL, will place same into an urn from which urn, on the draw dates above mentioned, a number of envelopes will be drawn, untill all prizes have been awarded as per procedure established in clause 7 hereunder.
- The sender of the envelope containing the above mentioned wrappers will be contacted on the landline/mobile number provided on entry as soon and if his/her envelope is drawn . If the sender cannot be contacted after three attempts within 10 minutes from the draw of his envelope, an alternate envelope will be be drawn.
If the sender of the drawn envelope answers SPAL’s call he/she would be expected to answer CORRECTLY a question put to him/her and if his/her answer is correct he/she would be declared winner of the prize allocated to that particular draw.
If he/she answers the question incorrectly and o/or does not answer the question, an alternate envelope will be be drawn.
The above procedure will be adopted untill the prize allocated to that particular draw has been awarded. SPAL’s decision in this regard is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The first confirmed winner as per above procedure will be awarded the First Prize, the second confirmed winner as per above procedure will be awarded the second prize and so on and so forth.
- SPAL will then notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected via landline number and/or mobile number provided on entry.
- The winner must collect the prize within 10 calendar days from notification that s/he is the winner. Failure to claim the prize within this time shall result in forfeiture of the prize. SPAL ’s decision in this regard is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- To claim the prize, the winner must provide a valid identification document that matches the name on his/her entry.
- Participants cannot request a cash alternative or substitute the aforementioned prizes.
- The winner shall be under no obligation to accept the prize, however by accepting a prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media/editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed, photographed and/or filmed. The winner shall be entitled to no compensation whatsoever from SPAL for his/her participation in such media/editorial requests relating to the prize.
- By entering the competition, participants release Strand Palace Agencies Limited and all its affiliates and employees from all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by participating in the competition or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize. The winner agrees to indemnify and hold Strand Palace Agencies Limited and all its affiliates and employees harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of participating in the competition or the winner’s acceptance , use or misuse of the prize.
- Should these terms and conditions not be complied with, SPAL reserves the right to exclude these persons from the taking part in the competition without any prior warning. In addition, persons found to be participating on behalf of third parties (with or without their knowledge) will be also be excluded from the competition. Furthermore, it is not permissible to participate as part of a syndicate, automated services or, above all, a professional competition service. Any participant found to be in breach of this clause, after being declared a winner, and received the prize, will be obliged to return the prize or its value in cash to SPAL . Persons having been excluded in terms of this clause may be denied entry into subsequent competitions organised by SPAL
- SPAL reserves the right to amend/ terminate the competition at any time, without any prior notice, explanation and/or justification. SPAL will exercise this right in particular if the continuation thereof can no longer be guaranteed to be in accordance with the rules, either due to technical reasons (e.g. viruses in the system, manipulation or errors in the hardware or software) or on legal grounds. Should the behaviour of a participant have caused the termination of the competition, SPAL will be entitled to demand the ensuing damages from the person so responsible.
- SPAL reserves the right to stop any benefit resulting from deliberate abuse and/or misuse of this competition.
- SPAL, as the controller of personal data, confirms that personal data provided and/or gathered on entry will be treated for administrative and accounting purposes relating to the prize competition and for the purpose of identifying the prize winner only. Such data will be treated by SPAL’s internal departments in accordance with the Data Protection Act (Chapter 440 of the Laws of Malta).. The data treatment is necessary in order to fulfill the provisions under the legislation currently in force. For any queries you might have, also with regard to the rights provided for by Article 21 of the Data Protection Act (Chapter 440 of the Laws of Malta), please write to Strand Palace Agencies Limited, Calleja Buildings, Carob Street St Venera by sending a registered letter for the attention of the Data Protection Office. Furthermore in terms of article 10. (1) of the Data Protection Act (Chapter 440 of the Laws of Malta) SPAL as controller of Personal data notifies entrants to the competiton that personal data gathered on entry to the competition may be processed for the purposes of direct marketing and that subsciber may oppose such processing at no cost by sending a registered letter to Strand Palace Agencies Limited Calleja Buildings, Carob Street, St Venera by sending a registered letter for the attention of the Data Protection Office.
- These terms & conditions may be amended at any time during the competition and will be applied & interpreted at the sole discretion of SPAL. Participation by the entrants constitutes acceptance of these rules.
- Altough particpants are allowed to compete in any monthly draw, by sending in more than one envelope containing the 5 wrapppers above mentioned, any such particpants will only be entitled to receive the prize allocated to his/her first drawn envelope. Therefore for the avoidance of doubt, if during any monthly draw, two or more envelopes sent by the same participant are drawn, such participant will only be entitled to receive the prize allocated to his/her first drawn envelope, and an alternate envelope shall be drawn instead of the second or subsequent envelopes so drawn.
- By partaking, participants agree to be bound by the above terms and conditions.